Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
FROM: $ 250.00 us
Peru, Cusco, Salkantay, Aguas Calientes, Machupicchu
Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Hiking and Camping Salkantay Trek, Cusco, Mollepata, Trail (Cruz Pata, Soraypampa, Salcantay, Huayrac Pampa, Chaullay, La Playa, Lucmabamba, Santa Teresa , Hydroelectric Center, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu.
moderate, challenge, easy
Salkantay Trek + Huayna Picchu 4 days: Having a short amount of time should not be a setback in order to take a tour to Salkantay and enjoy the spectacular scenery that this trek has to offer, passing through the snow caps of Humantay and Salkantay, to finally drop by visiting the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu while observing the vast amount of wild fauna and flora in the area.
- Half-day tour
- Will take 4 days and 3 nights
- Pick up form the hotel at 4:30am
- End of the tour at 22:30pm
Salkantay Trek + Huayna Picchu 4 days / 3 nights
Tours First Day: Tour Cusco – Soraypampa – Marco Casa – Soraypamapa
The tour of Salkantay begins with the pick up from your hotel at 4:30am to head to the town of Mollepata. We will arrive at this town at 7:30am. First breakfast is not included but in this town you can find breakfast for 5 or 6 soles. While you are having breakfast, we will be getting the horses ready that will take 5 kilograms of your belongings toward our first campground located in Soraypampa. At 7:40am approximately, we will get on a local bus at a place named Marco Casa. We will begin our trek that will take approximately 4 hours with direction toward our first campground in Soraypampa where we will have lunch and then have another 2-hour trek to Humantay Lake. We will be able to appreciate the snow and lake to then return to our campground in Soraypampa where we will spend our first night.
When you arrive to the campground in Soraypampa, the tents will be set and waiting, as well as your dinner and coca tea. On this night we will spend the night in our tents (two persons per tent).
Tours Second Day: Soraypampa – Salkantay Trek – Chaullay
The second day we will wake up at 6:30am to have breakfast and begin our trek with direction toward Salkantay. The first 5 hours are the toughest because we will be ascending from 3900 meters above sea level toward 4620 meters above sea level to get to Salkantay. The second day’s lunch will also be included.
When we get to Salkantay, our guide will give you an explanation of the importance of this area, like the Andean rituals that the Incas used to perform. After this explanation, you will have free time to take photos of the spectacular views to then head to our second campground named Chalway de Salkantay. We will begin our descent from 4620 meters above sea levels to 2900 meters above sea level. The second part of the second day is easier, as we will be entering the outskirts of the jungle. When we arrive to our campgrounds of Chalway, our tents, dinner, and coca tea will be waiting for us.
Tours Third Day: Chaullay – Playa – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu pueblo)
On the third day, we will wake up at 6:30am to have breakfast and begin our trek at approximately 7:20am with direccion toward Playa, where we will take a bus heading to Hidroelectrica. Once there, we will have lunch (included). After lunch we will go to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will spend the night in the hostel, which includes a private bath, Wi-Fi, and hot water. On this evening the guide will also further explain our itinerary that we will follow on the fourth day.
Tours Fourth Day: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
On the fourth day we will wake up at 4:30am to have breakfast and begin our trek of approximately one hour and twenty minutes heading toward the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu is open after 6:00am, until 5:00pm. You can enter with the guide after 6:30am, until 9:00am. This means that you will have two and a half hours with the guide that will give you a spectacular explanation and will take you through the main areas of the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, like the Intiwatana, the Condor Temple, the enclosure of the Three Windows, etc. After that, you will have the option to visit Huayna Picchu ,four hour is enough After visiting Hyun Picchu, you will have free time that can be around three or four hours, to visit by yourself machu picchu city because this day we have a full day tour in machu picchu . this night your return train ride to Aguas Calientes with direction to Ollantaytambo leaves at 18:20 pm. This means that you have to be half an hour before 18:20 pm at the train station of Aguas Calientes to have an easy boarding experience. Between the town of Aguas Calientes and Ollantaytambo the train ride will be around 1:30 hours.
When you leave the train at the station in Ollantaytambo, our transfer will be waiting for you to take you to City of Cusco and leave you in Plaza de San Francisco. You will be arriving at Cusco at 22:30pm.
Included in Salkantay Trek + Huayna Picchu 4 days:
- Hotel pick up 4:20 a.m.
- Touristic bus from Cusco to Mollepata
- Tents and sleeping mats
- Sleeping bag
- A cook, 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Horses and horseman, with equipment. 5 kilos per person (the horses take the 5 kilos during the first 3 days that are more difficult. We give you the option of sending you only the sleeping bag upon return with the cooks on the morning of the fourth day and lighten this weight)
- We give you a bag to put the 5 kilos on the horse (the bag will include the sleeping bag and some of your belongings which you will carry starting on the fourth day)
- Local bus Playa to Hidroelectrica (third day)
- Entrance to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu + Huynapicchu .( there are two time available to visit Huayna Picchu . the first one between is 7:00 to 8:00 A.M. and the second one is between 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. (before you book this tour with us we talk you what time is available )
- Professional guide
- Return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, at 18:20pm
- 1 Night stay in Aguas Calientes, double room private ,twin room private triple room private all of them have (private bath + Wi-Fi)
Discounts for in Salkantay Trek + Huayna Picchu:
- National tourists with a valid DNI and tourists from Colombia, Ecuador, and Bolivia (Andean community) have a discount of $20.00 USD off the cost of your tour.
- Foreign tourists with a valid international student identification (CARNET ISIC) will have a discount of $20.00 USD off the cost of the tour.
- Special discounts for groups of four people.
Price for Salkantay Trek + Huayna Picchu 4 days